Associates at 284 Partners have the opportunity to work on a variety of engagements in our two principal practice groups: Valuation & Appraisals and Litigation Consulting. These practice groups provide financial services that include valuation techniques such as the Cost, Market, and Income Approach as well as other unique methods for valuing IP.
Associates will have the opportunity to work across various industries including, but not limited to: Internet, telecommunications, medical products, consumer electronics, and security & defense. Through these engagements, Associates will be able to leverage and build upon their capabilities and skills in a dynamic and professional consulting environment.
Associates work in teams interacting directly with other experienced Associates as well as the Managing Directors. Associates are encouraged to actively contribute their thoughts and opinions in internal meetings and participate in discussions with clients. There are no travel requirements for new Associates and very little for experienced Associates.
- Review and analyze actual and projected financial statements (including balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flow), business plans, financial models, and market industry reports;
- Perform market research into various industries, business segments, company profiles, and market trends;
- Build complex financial models including detailed discounted cash flow analyses and other relevant analyses;
- Develop and communicate work results (in writing and verbally) to management, through the use of exhibits, charts and tables;
- Assist in the preparation of reports (our final work product), written analyses, presentations, quantitative exhibits, and other client deliverables.
We are looking for well-rounded, enthusiastic individuals with outstanding analytical skills and a commitment to continuous professional growth. We are especially interested in individuals with strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment. Additional requirements include:
- Undergraduate with a major (or concentration) in Economics, Finance, or Accounting;
- Minimum Major and Overall 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale;
- Start work in the spring / summer of ;
- Adept at working under tight deadlines;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
284 Partners is an equal opportunity employer. State and federal laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, disability, age, reprisal for engaging in anti-discrimination activities, protected genetic information, sexual orientation or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Interviews will take place at our Ann Arbor office, where candidates will interview and/or meet with several members of the 284 Partners consulting staff. Final round includes several behavioral interviews and a brief case study.